Number of Working Days and number of Occasions
• 4 or more periods of absence in a rolling 12 month period.
• 10 days* absence over a 12 month period, either separate or continuous working days (*pro rata for part time staff - see Guidance Document).
• Where there is a cause for concern regarding an employee’s health, even where there may be no absence.
• There is a particular pattern of absence
• A continuous period of 4 weeks absence.
• If approaching a trigger point, discuss the triggers within the sickness absence management policy and the implications of the employee’s absence levels, where appropriate, including a referral to a Stage One meeting.
• Discuss a referral to Occupational Health where appropriate.
• Share the Employee Assistance Programme details / Healthy Council intranet pages.
• Share the Employee Health & Wellbeing policy where appropriate.